Tuesday 1 January 2013

Felix and his Bastard Children

Just a quick post. This is a small section taken from my Thesis on the subject about the evolution of character design.
This image details the influence Felix the Cat has had overtthe years on other character designs. I wasnt able to find much reference to this online so am unsure if this is my own subjective opinion. I understand that there may be a thousand other characters that could fit into this chart but these are the most prominent designs that stuck in my mind. Bart Simpson and Pikachu  may be a bit of a push but i feel they are justified. I wont go too much into detail but i think the picture pretty much says it all.

1 comment:

  1. So interesting that ALL of these seemingly random characters are my 6 year olds favorites. He has become obsessed with each for periods of time, Bart being most recent. We came upon this image because he wanted to see how the look of felix changed over the years and when he saw all his favorites in one image he became so excited.

    ReplyDelete