Thursday 13 October 2011

Bad Taste

New uni year, new project. This one is on "Bad Taste" Completely subjective as taste can only be valued on an individual perspective. Thought long and hard over the start of this project and came to the conclusion that it was faaaaar to easy to go down the offensive or shock value route. I decided to go for the"cheesy" and tacky "instead"

My first two ideas are pretty much finished.

The first is my take on a poster for soem sort of cheesy sci-fi B movie poster. "OctoSheep" just kept propping in my brain so I went with that.

My Second Idea was to do a poster for a seedy strip club and I decided to create one in the style of Toulouse Lautrecs' Moulin Rouge posters.



1 comment:

  1. hey jimmy:)
    i just found your blog while looking for bad taste brief online..nice!
    i just realised that with my croctopus lino i totally ripped your octosheep poster:(
    not intentionally though..i think
    damn! have i seen it?.. for sure cause it looks familiar..
    sorry, pal!
    martin

    ReplyDelete